Tuesday

E Learning in my classroom

E Learning in the Classroom

Applications? Tools?

Up until taking this paper - E Learning in Practice , I always thought that I did a pretty good job of using ICT within the class. I have tried to encourage the use of technologies in my classroom and have used them as tools for planning, teaching and assessing but what I have failed to see or simply lacked the knowledge and technical skills to make any changes was that I have been limiting the students in my class. Perhaps limiting is not the right word but with a packed curriculum, time restraints, a definite lack of knowledge of what is out there and a lack of equipment in the classroom I have been limiting the opportunities for students to "have a go" and make the most of these tools. I use facebook myself at least once a day every day. But for me that is it. I have never used a blog had to once again look up what was meant of Wikis, Web 2.0. Im not confident using these applications myself so is it any wonder that my class has never had the opportunity to give them a go.
I remain in the ideal of thinking that you do writing in your book and if it is good enough then it can be published to a word document on the computer. Why do I have this thinking? I'm not sure I have asked myself the same question time and time again and perhaps it does come back to lack of resources in the classroom as 2 computers for a class of 30 does not allow for this new type of thinking or perhaps its that this is how I was taught and dont know any better. Who knows but I have made my very first blog, not sure yet I have a firm grasp on what Wikis are and the mention of podcasts which I havent even attempted to even try still sends the dreaded fear into me. I guess one step at a time. Im on here now so tick 1 blog set up. What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment